Monday, April 25, 2011

Day 3




Today I went back to the Fantasy! Cartooning book to draw a female figure. I have always had trouble with female drawing, I'm not sure why, men just seem easier to draw.

Anyway, as promised exclusively for the blog, here is the blue sketch, which took about 20-30 minutes in the background layer. The middle picture is what it looks like with the finished sketch over the blue line, and the top picture is the finished sketch without the blue line under.

If I were to do this with regular pencil, I would have sketchy eraser marks and points that just wouldn't go away, not to mention it may damage my final. The closest thing to "layers" with physical equipment is tracing paper, which I absolutely hate. I really want to keep working with photoshop, and hopefully become really accustomed to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment