Friday, July 15, 2011

Level Up!

I plan on, hopefully in the near future, creating a series of youtube videos on costuming, specifically medieval fantasy costuming. What it will consist of is me playing rpgs or mmos and looking at the gear determined by level. What I will do is have a series of three costume pieces going at once; light armor, medium armor, and heavy armor. The piece will be rated by the level it is in the game and the goal of the project will be to "Level Up" your overall costume to the most elaborate and highly decorated costume you can think of.

Now, keep in mind this will be a very expensive project for me so it will take a great deal of time before the series is completely finished, I will most likely go from light to heavy armor,
and I will try to incorporate some friends and family into this project as well. . Games I will use will have to meet certain criteria, such as realistic costumes that are functional in LARP as well as cosplay, the graphics will need to be good enough to make out minor detail, and costumes that somehow cling to the body without falling off (i.e. almost every female costume in fantasy mmos) will not be acceptable.

I will be using Age of Conan most likely, as it has some of the most realistic and awesome pieces I've seen thus far. I may also involve bits and pieces from other games, such as The Witcher and Neverwinter Nights.

Look forward to Episode 1 of Level Up! coming to youtube sometime around Q4!

No comments:

Post a Comment