Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Frustration

I just wanted to make a quick post before uploading my "sneak peek". I know for a fact my picture will not be done today, but as it isn't just a simple sketch I think it does count for the one picture a day goal I've set for myself, even if it takes me four or so days to finish it, what with school and all.

I am very frustrated with my tablet. I thought it was simply my fault but I have come to realize that when i use my pressure pen it rolls along the surface, causing waves in what should be straight lines. If you watch my videos closely, especially in the Frustration video when I get to the right shoulder, you will see it bob up and down and almost never make a straight line unless I jab it forward very quickly, which makes the line very dark and most of the time very wobbly.

I remember in the Sorceress it was doing this to her stomach on the left side, it looked very strange. I found myself twisting and turning the tablet trying to fix this, but to no avail. My pen, if you grab the "eraser" or "lead" actually spins if you pinch it and rotate the pen while holding the eraser or lead in place, and after showing my friend and my girlfriend, we all tried drawing a straight line and found it nearly impossible. Unfortunately, I don't have enough money for a new tablet and Christmas, at this point in time, is eight months away. Maybe if I draw a picture of
Santa he'll bring me a present early?

either way, I am going to have to redo the black lines in the sneak peek video because, as you can see, I'm too frustrated and I'm trying to blow through the picture. It's obvious my artistic skills are not yet where I'd want them to be...Back to the books!

No comments:

Post a Comment