Monday, April 25, 2011

On Photoshop...

I began Day 3 with my tablet and photoshop. I said to myself "This shouldn't be too hard." but I was wrong, it's like a whole new, scary, evil world to me. First of all, you are drawing on the desk but looking up, which is strange. It's like driving a car and looking at a monitor that is showing you where you are going, but it's in the back seat.

After sketching the whole thing in blue on one layer, i made another and began to sketch in black, but by then I had realized that the head was too small and the neck was too long. I thought, "Ok, I can just select it and enlarge it right?" So far I have yet to find out how...Anyway, I'm not ripping on Photoshop, I am saying it is very alien to me and will likely take me a while to get used to.

I've seen those youtube speed-paintings of terrain and such and it looks awesome, and I've actually attempted it, but I obviously am not there yet...maybe if I keep drawing a picture a day on photoshop instead of in my sketchbook It'll turn out for the better hmm?

Later I intend to go to the bookstore to look up photoshop books under the how-to-draw section (and return my NES games I bought on Sunday. Only 1 of 3 work, which is sad, because the two that don't work are Kirby's Adventure and Paperboy.)

I have been recording my Photoshop facade so I will be posting the video on youtube and the blue sketch and finished sketch on here later tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment